Our heart for Bayith is to be continually growing as we feel our Heavenly Father directing us. Below are some of the projects we will be moving into in the near future. We will update our progress monthly and you'll find prayer requests at the bottom of each point. If you would like to get involved in prayer, or specifically in a project, contact us at email@example.com to learn about further opportunities.
Urban co-living building
Our dream is to purchase a building in Barrie that will provide pre-furnished rental units for Christian young adults to live in community. There will be shared living space and all in the building would receive access to Bayith's resources such as mentorship, business and life skills coaching and classes, workshops, and art and music opportunities. We want to provide a platform to support the identity and direction that God has placed in each young adult. We believe that living in community helps to provide that support and community. Our goal is to see this program up and running in the next 12 months.
- Prayer for the ability to set up our desired co-living space in harmony with Ontario's current legislation
- Prayer for financial favour (to sell our current properties at a good price and to purchase properties at a good price
- Prayer for wisdom and strategy for legal and financial team members.
Education and resources
Our dream is to network and partner with Christian professionals within business, arts and media, family and relationships, education, and life coaching circles to provide educational resources and classes, as well as hands on workshops to those within our Bayith community. A selection of these classes with be video recorded and made available for online purchase to the general public. These professionals will have the opportunity to contribute a series of articles relevant to their field to the Bayith website prior to their classes or workshops. Our heart is to be able to connect experienced, skilled, Kingdom-focused professionals with passionate dedicated young adults to aid them in their professional and personal lives. Our goal is to launch the beginning of this in Fall 2020.
- Prayer to be able to meet the needs of the young adult community through relevant resources
- Prayer that God would draw the right professional connections to Bayith
Our dream is to bring spiritual mothers, father, and grandparents in the Simcoe and Barrie areas together with passionate teachable young adults who are focused on pursuing God's best for their lives. Mentors will offer wisdom, experience, and a background in counselling, youth work, or inner healing. We will have a selection process for the mentors and some sort of outlined partnership, set for a defined period of time, between the mentor and the mentee. Our goal is to launch this in the next six months, ideally early 2021.
- Prayer to be an effective bridge between the older and younger generations
- Prayer for wisdom and strategy on how to structure the format of the mentorship program
- Prayer that the hearts of the people involved would grow through authentic relationship
Agricultural co-housing center
Our dream is to have a co-housing center located on rural land where people would be able to purchase living units. This will be geared towards, but not limited to, retired pastors, missionaries, Christian frontline workers, etc. Our goal is to encourage an onsite residential community. There will be a common kitchen, living space (although each unity will have their kitchenette), and communal meals. Large living spaces and extra rooms will be available to rent out to the body of Christ for retreats and events and our hope is to have opportunities for young adults to staff, living on the property to help run the center and farm the land. We would love to see this vision come into fruition in the next five years.
- Prayer to find the land and building - it would be ideal if the land had a building on it already to start building out from
- Prayer for favour with the local government for zoning
- Prayer for wisdom and strategy